The SpinTronicFactory (STF) is a European network which mission is to promote European research and innovation in spintronics. The network is based on a legal Memorandum of Understanding signed on May 24th 2016 involving academic and industrial actors from all over Europe. Today STF includes 94 partners from 19 different countries.
The main objectives of the SpinTronicFactory :
- Increase the industrial impact of spintronic applications in the European Union
- Develop synergies among Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), different Horizon Europe programs (Pillars I, II and III) and ECSEL
- Create links with other industrial networks as for example EFFRA, AENEAS, etc.
- Build new synergies among partners and potential consortia for future EU calls
- Improve visibility of spintronics in EU and work on the related dissemination
Network history and future steps
- Memorandum of Understanding: signed on 24th of May 2016
- Director of the MoU: Paolo BORTOLOTTI, THALES SA
- First Steering Committee: 8th of September 2016 in Paris. Opening of the web pages
- Second Steering Committee: 22nd of March 2016 in Leuven, Belgium.
- Third Steering Committee: 28th of September 2017 in THALES-TRT, Palaiseau, France
- Publication of un update of the STF vision: “The SpinTronicFactory Roadmap: A European community view” at Sci Tech EU, quarterly 30, 114 (2019)
- Publication of the review article “Opportunities and Challenges for Spintronics in the Microelectronics Industry”, in Nature Electronics, 3, 446–459 (2020).
- First Online Steering Committee: 17th of September 2021