The SpinTronicFactory (STF) is a European network, founded in 2016, which mission is to promote European research and innovation in spintronics. The network is based on a legal Memorandum of Understanding involving academic and industrial actors from all over Europe. Today STF includes 87 partners from 17 different countries.
The main objectives of the SpinTronicFactory are:
- Increase the industrial impact of spintronic applications in the European Union
- Develop synergies among Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), different Horizon Europe programs (Pillars I, II and III) and ECSEL
- Create links with other industrial networks as for example EFFRA, AENEAS, etc.
- Build new synergies among partners and potential consortia for future EU calls
- Improve visibility of spintronics in EU and work on the related dissemination
Network history and future steps
- Memorandum of Understanding: signed on 24th of May 2016
- Director of the MoU: Paolo BORTOLOTTI, THALES SA
- First Steering Committee: 8th of September 2016 in Paris. Opening of the web pages
- Second Steering Committee: 22nd of March 2016 in Leuven, Belgium.
- Third Steering Committee: 28th of September 2017 in THALES-TRT, Palaiseau, France
- Publication of un update of the STF vision: “The SpinTronicFactory Roadmap: A European community view” at Sci Tech EU, quarterly 30, 114 (2019)
- Publication of the review article “Opportunities and Challenges for Spintronics in the Microelectronics Industry”, in Nature Electronics, 3, 446–459 (2020).
- First Online Steering Committee: 17th of September 2021